ANTIQUE PHOTOS BLOG

I love antique photos. You can learn so much about how things have changed, and again how little has. We inherited 3 trunks of photos from the late 1800's to the 1940s and 50's. Most came from an enigmatic, extremely hard working but photo-loving woman named Lena, an ancestor of my husband, born in 1879. She had more contacts, more postcards (several hundreds) and more photos of herself taken than anyone who is not a well know celebrity. She seems to have collected antique photos from all around her. She unfortunately didn't identify many, only writing "Lena" on many given to her. I think she assumed she would remember, and of course after that it wouldn't matter!

We are still sorting through all the stuff trying to piece together Lena's fascinating and sometimes tragic life. Meanwhile, here are a variety of photos, including some of the highest (and lowest!) fashion.

I have also included the very old family photos I have from my mom's side of the family.


I hope you enjoy, and thank you for visiting my blog.



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pets in Antique Photos

Here are some fun pet photos; I'm not completely sure in some of these who is the pet and who is the "owner."  As with almost all photos in this blog, these photos were Lena's (see first few posts in the blog).

3 comments:

  1. whoa the ostrich one is amazing! I have one of a baby riding a donkey, but it's no one related to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ladies with the ostrich , they are all cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love looking at all your photos! I think these are my fav though!

    ReplyDelete